Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Stamping On Seam Binding Ribbon

Stamped Ribbon

This card uses one of my favorite combinations - red with kraft cardstock.  In this case, the red is CTMH's new Ruby color dye ink.  I stamped the Pirouette image directly onto the kraft card and then stamped it again onto Colonial White.  Since I already had the stamp inky, I thought I would try stamping directly on the seam binding ribbon.  It has a sort of tie-dye look about it. Or maybe a little bit like damask?

5 x 5 Square Card
The sentiment is from another new set which will be released on August 1st.  It is called Words of Comfort.  I know I will use it more often than I want to, because it means someone I care about is hurting. However, it will be a welcome addition to my stamp collection because it is so hard to find the right words to say sometimes.

Thanks for stopping by today!  I appreciate it!  Btw, this morning I am having dental surgery so if you try calling me today, I won't be able to answer the phone!

Supplies are CTMH:
Kraft Cardstock
Colonial White Cardstock
Black Ink
Ruby Ink - Available August 1, 2012
Pirouette Stamp - Available August 1, 2012 
Words of Comfort Stamp Set - Available August 1, 2012
Pearl Opaques Adhesive Gems
Rhinestone Designer Brads
Color Ready Seam Binding
Corner Rounder


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, and great idea for inking the ribbon! My fave is the jewel on the bow, so elegant. Lovin' your previews of all the new fun CTMH goodies.
    Bernadet
    http://bernadetscraftblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bernadet. Stamping on the ribbon was a lot less messy then my regular running it over the ink pad or spritzing it. Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. Beverly

      Delete