Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Graphic 45 Tissue Box Cover

Curtain Call Moulin Rouge Stamp Paper Strip Across Top of  Sides
 The other day I posted a tissue box made with Graphic 45 papers that I made for my seven year old dd.  She loved the bunnies and fairies that covered the paper.  Older dd is twenty two and past the bunny stage, so the papers from these collections seem more her style.   She is coming home for a short visit today, so I am hoping she likes what I made for her.
Olde Curiosity Shoppe 8 x 8 Paper and May Arts Ribbon

Unfinished Wood Tissue Box From Joann's
Graphic 45 Kraft Reflections Bed Of Roses
I covered the exterior of the box with gesso and then painted the top with a cream color acrylic paint.  The box is about 5" wide and 6" tall and fits a standard Kleenex box.  After measuring and cutting each of the side pieced I Mod Podged them in place.
 The papers coordinate nicely with each other even though they are from different years' collections.  It is always nice to not have to think or work too hard to get things to "go".
 The kraft paper is probably my favorite.  It is elegant and a little rustic at the same time.  As an aside, the tissue box was covered using the leftover pieces from the little dresser project pictured below.  I will post that one in a couple of days.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Beverly

No comments:

Post a Comment