Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Frosted Designs Card Sketch Challenge #18 - Double Slider Card

Edited on 6/21/2012 - Reposted after having been removed for publication.
Slider Card
Happy Tuesday!  Welcome to another Frosted Designs Card Sketch Challenge!  Ann's sketch is posted below.  This week, I am making a masculine-ish card for Father's Day. I love to see how everyone's paper selection gives the card a particular kind of feel or theme. Please check out the other designers' cards at Frosted Designs.  You can link up your card there and be eligible for a prize!
Card Sketch by Ann Bacon for Frosted Designs
I thought it would be fun to make a slider card for the front middle square element.  This was easy to make and the only odd-ish thing that is used, which may not be in your craft supplies, is a piece of plastic.  This could be cut from a plastic shopping bag.

Double Slider Card "Pull" Tab
I checked out a couple of tutorials online and none of them are exactly the way I made mine.  There are so many ways to do things.  It seems that I do better with figuring things out on my own, but then it isn't always easy to explain how to do it!  This video tutorial that I found, by doing a Google search, is a good one to watch to get an idea as to how the slider works.  Lesley Oman (from the video) made an entire card as the slider base and it is so cute!  She used a ribbon as the "pull" for her friend.  With my dh, I need to have the actual word "Pull" on the card or he won't know that it is an interactive element.

Double Slider Panel in the Open/Pulled Position
Supplies:
Paper: Cardstock is from CTMH, Patterned Paper is from SEI
Stamps: CTMH
Ink: CTMH

Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Beverly

No comments:

Post a Comment