Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Importance of Fun

Edited on 6/21/2012 - Reposted after having been removed for publication. 
12 x 12 Layout
 One of my sisters helped me complete college by watching my dd1 on the weekends.  I worked full-time, went to school full-time and was a single parent.  I didn't have time for fun.  This was about twenty years ago. I now have some time for fun, so I am finally scrapbooking a photo from that era.

Hidden Journaling Tag
 I will always be eternally grateful to my sister for helping me.  But, I am more thankful that she taught my almost 3 year old that Fun is Important.  That fun can be a part of daily life.  She became the "Fun Aunt".  Eva loved going to see her.  My sister made time for her.  She enjoyed being with her. And Eva always knew that.

Journaling on Hidden Tag
When I graduated from college, my sister told me that she felt that the diploma sort of belonged to her, too.  I agreed.  It did. Absolutely.  Next month my sister will be traveling nearly 1,700 miles to celebrate dd1's college graduation.  I think she played a big part in this diploma, also.  If not for her, dd1 would not be the person that she is today.  I am so thankful that Eva was fortunate to have so many wonderful people in her life as she grew up.  Each one played a role that I could not fulfill.
 Brenda showed her how to have fun.  How to enjoy life and relish the simple gift of a beautiful day.
Photo Mounted on Black Velvet Paper

My dear Eva and I are so very lucky, in so many ways.  But mainly because of the people we know and who care about us.  Thank you, Brenda.  I love you.

Here is to a fun-filled day!
Beverly

Supplies:
Paper: Webster's Pages, BoBunny, black velvet, CTMH
Stamps: CTMH, Technique Tuesday Ali Edwards
Ink: CTMH black and New England Ivy, Tim Holtz Black Soot, Quick Quotes Powder Puff Mocha Mama
Embellishments: May Arts Ribbon, Prima flowers, chipboard "Remember", fairy tile, Almanac journaling tag and wood ticket, SU! journaling sticker, Pink Paisley chipboard bird
Tools: Silhouette, Spellbinder, and CTMH edge distresser

No comments:

Post a Comment