Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Happy Thoughts Paperbag Mini Book

Mini Book Filled With Positive Quotes
 I love to make mini books.  About half of the ones I make don't have photographs in them.  Sometimes, I make journals and other times I have made reference-type books, like a color index for inks and markers.  The idea of a "happy thoughts" type book has been bouncing around in my head for many, many months.  It was time to finally doing something about it!
Back Cover with Quote from FDR
 The book is made with 6 paper bags that measure 3 1/4" wide by 6 1/2" long from a package of 12 bags that I purchased at Hobby Lobby last October.  The book has a chipboard binding with chipboard covers.  I will post a video in the next few days that shows how I made the binding and assembled the book.
Inside Pages Each Have a Tag Inserted In Them
 Some of the quotes or song lyrics are stamped images from CTMH or Technique Tuesday.  The rest were all printed on cardstock.  I random stamped some of the cardstock with flowers and swirls to make the print a little more interesting.
SEI Pattern Paper Adhered to Bags to Make Book Pages
 I had recently finished some other projects and had some scraps of paper sitting on my desk, so I decided to use those.  The rest of the papers came from my stash.  Some are retired SU! and CTMH papers that coordinated with the new SEI papers.
Quotes Inside Book - Click on Photo to See/Read
 Inspiring quotes are really uplifting to me, so I ended up making TWO books.  I will post pictures of the second one tomorrow.  Thank you for stopping by today!
Beverly
Front of Happy Mini Paper Bag Book

2 comments: