Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Halloween 1982 Layout With Black Painted Burlap

This layout is totally different then the kind I normally do.  First of all there are NO flowers!  Also, it is dark and there aren't many components to it.
Stamped Images on Punched Doily Circle
However, in person it really does look pretty cool.  There is a lot of texture - real and faux.
There is only one photograph on the page and I didn't want to permanently adhere it because I wanted to  be able to see my dear friend's silly message that she wrote on the back nearly 30 years ago! It can be flipped up as it is only attached at the top.

Photograph Mounted In CTMH Flip Flap for 4 x6 Pictures
I love Martha Stewart's Around the Page Punches and used the Spider Web corner one to make a large doily for this layout.  I cut out the center of the doily to frame the picture mounted on black mulberry paper and the black painted burlap underneath.
CTMH Felt Bird From Midnight Shapes
The burlap came from JoAnn's.  I painted it with acrylic paint which helped to stiffen it a bit.  To adhere it to the page and to adhere things to it, I used a combination of CTMH Liquid Glass and the ATG tape runner.

12 x 12 Halloween Layout
Both the White Daisy doily and the CTMH Kraft paper base were spritzed with Studio Calico's Mister Huey's Classic Calico color.  All papers are from Close to My Heart.  The twine came from Hobby Lobby.

Thank you so much for visiting!
Beverly

No comments:

Post a Comment