Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Debossing and Traditional Embossing - Card 1 of Notecard Set

CTMH Pear, Black and White Daisy
 It must appear that I don't like patterned paper because I make so many cards without it!  I truly do LOVE patterned paper, but I have been on a plain cardstock binge lately.  All the cards that I am posting this week are only made with three colors of plain cardstock: black, white and green.  Please don't think this will be boring!  I hope you like the techniques that I have used to jazz up the cards. :-)

Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder - Debossed Side for Flower Center
The pear colored center panel was made by randomly using a standard hole punch.  This gave the paper a debossed effect.  To mimic that feel, I used the debossed side of the 1 inch center for the black and white flower.  The black base of the flower was stamped with white pigment ink along with the individual petals. Then the flower was embossed with white powder and heated the traditional way.  This is a fast, inexpensive and easy mailable card to make. I used the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge to cut the flower shape, but it can easily be cut with scissors.
The deckled edge was made using a Fiskars rotary blade.  All supplies are from CTMH.  The stamp set is called Just For You and will be released on February 1, 2012.

Thank you for stopping by today!
Beverly

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word! This is stunning! I love the white, black and green together!! Gorgeous!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Barb! I used to be afraid of green. :-) Beverly

    ReplyDelete