Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Silhouette Cameo Snowflakes Card - No Patterned Paper!

Crystal Blue and White Cardstock
 The Silhouette Cameo cuts beautiful and intricate designs. I wanted to showcase the  pretty cuts by making a clean and simple card.    This card uses 2 colors of plain cardstock, one ink color, one stamp, and some ribbon and bling.  Easy!

CTMH Snow Flurries stamp used as a background stamp
 The card base is Crystal Blue CTMH Cardstock stamped with Crystal Blue ink using one stamp from the Snow Flurries set.  White Daisy cardstock was cut using a blade depth of 4 at a speed of 3 using the double cut option through the software linked to the Cameo.  For even more intricate cuts that I've used on upcoming projects, I slowed the speed to 2. This was with a new blade, btw.

Create A Shade Pearl Paint sprayed on White Cardstock
 After cutting the shapes, I sprayed them with a paint and water mixture to give the snowflakes a shimmery effect.  The picture above was taken with a flash to show off the pearlized look.


The final touch was to add some CTMH Clear and Bitty Sparkles to the snowflakes. The white organdy ribbon was threaded through a ribbon slide and  adhered to the front of the card.

Thank you for stopping by today!
Beverly

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! I love my cameo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love how paper can be transformed just by cutting it! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Beverly

      Delete