Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Frosted Designs Card Sketch Challenge # 7


Silhouette Cameo Star of David Lace Pattern
This great sketch from Diana Gonzalez seemed like a perfect one for me to try some new (to me) techniques using the Silhouette Cameo and software.  I purchased the Star of David Lace Pattern through the Silhouette store and resized it to make three different background papers.  I also captured the blue color and made the two large rings using their free software.  It is so awesome to be able to match colors exactly!

Card Sketch by Diana Gonzalez
Diana's sketch is so pretty!  I know this will be a sketch that I'll use in the future.  It is always fun to see how the other people on the design team use the sketch and I hope that you will visit their blogs to see what they came up with, too!  Many of them used some of the digital stamps from the prize sponsor, Sassy Studio.  Please visit Frosted Designs and enter in the challenge this week.

This standard size card is easy to mail
All of the shapes are popped off the card base with foam tape.  The oval with the stamped sentiment is a SU! punch.  The rest of the shapes were printed on my HP printer from the Silhouette software onto plain white cardstock.  After the printer puts registration marks onto the page, the Cameo can accurately line up the cutting lines to make perfect circles or whatever shapes you draw in the software.  Or it can cut purchased cut files very quickly.  On this card, I didn't use any purchased cut files.  I ended up fussy-cutting the large Star of David, but the rest were all cut with the Cameo.

Sentiment from CTMH set - Say It In Style Stamp Set D1283
The sentiment was stamped using Versamark Ink and then embossed with silver powder.  There are little self-adhesive jewels from CTMH called Clear Sparkles on the oval sentiment and on two of the edges, as shown on the sketch.  The hatpins were made by me using purchased beads.  The dark blue ones were pearls that I colored using Adirondack Alcohol ink as well coloring the top of the corsage pin.



Thank you so much for stopping by today!  
Beverly


No comments:

Post a Comment