Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Clear Peace Card - Happy New Year!

Stamp from CTMH Snow Flurries set  Stamped with White Staz-On Ink

This is my last post for 2011.  Clear cards are always difficult for me to photograph. However, I wanted to share this card with you so please excuse any wonky angles and lighting. :-)

CTMH Clear Card with Bracket Edge
 After stamping the front of the card with white ink, I embossed just the front using the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder.  The top layer of the card is one of the Top Coats Icing Overlays from CTMH attached with two brads.  To see more detail, click on any of the photos.
CTMH Top Coats Icing Overlay "Peace"
 I traced around the Overlay onto Crystal Blue paper and cut it out to layer it on the inside front cover.  I wanted more depth underneath so I freehand cut a piece of the Wonderland paper to layer onto the cardstock.  On the inside (back) of the card, I adhered another freehand cut shape of Grey Flannel cardstock for the message.  Usually the Vellum adhesive from Therm O Web works pretty well.  Because of the embossed front and hidden brad prongs, it didn't adhere as well.


Have a Peaceful and Happy New Year!  Wishing you all the best for 2012!
Beverly

1 comment: