Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Travel Book Covers


My very thoughtful brother-in-law is making a book for my sister's birthday next month and called me to ask if I'd help with the cover.  Aside from the size, (slipping into a 3-ring binder's front) I forgot to find out if there was anything more to the theme than maps.  So I made two different covers. If neither of them were what he was hoping for, there is still time to try again.

The first is a clean, simple, fun cover.  The second is a safari-vintage type cover.  Most of the ingredients are CTMH.  The exception is the Dover clip art travel poster and map from the MN State Parks website for the first one. Also, the red cardstock was from my stash. The filmstrip on the second one is Tim Holtz.  I'm not sure from where the little wooden square letters came.

 
The size for each is 8 1/2" x 11".  On this cover, the little tags were cut with SU! punches and strung with natural hemp.  The middle panel was random stamped with many different CTMH stamps in black, cocoa, chocolate and brown bag inks.  The other two panels have a little stamping in cocoa and chocolate inks and were machine stitched with tan thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment