Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Making Paper Flowers With Decorative Edge Scissors

Paper rosette using Fiskars Edger Scissors and Tim Holtz Sprocket Gears
 A 12" x 1 1/2" piece of Mischief B & T paper from Close To My Heart was cut using this pair of Fiskars scissors.  I'm not sure of the name of the cut edge because it doesn't say on the scissors, like some of the Fiskar's scissors do.
Possibly this is Majestic or Imperial Fiskars Decorative Edger Scissors
 After the strip was cut, scored, folded and glued. It was time to embellish. I love Tim Holtz's Ideology line and used two pieces from his Sprockets and Gears set.  The top layer is a clip and brad from CTMH.
The layering of Tim Holtz and CTMH products looks great on this paper flower
 This last flower is also made with an unidentified pair of Fiskars Edger Scissors.
CTMH Mischief B & T Paper cut into a strip for a pretty pinwheel rosette
 I store all of my Fiskars scissors in a bag designed for them. Unfortunately many of them are not labeled, so I don't know which scissor to give credit to for the pretty edge cuts. I've had these for probably a decade, so remembering isn't an option!
Possibly this is the Postage Stamp Edger from Fiskars?
 The weight of Close to My Hearts new B & T papers is perfect for this type of handcrafted embellishment.  Some of the lighter weight decorative papers don't hold up as well to all the handling of cutting, scoring and folding.
This is a single layer paper rosette embellished with a large gold  Shimmer brad from CTMH
As I continue to make more paper flowers with the rest of my  Fiskars Edger scissors collection I'll post more pictures.  If you know the names of the ones I've already posted, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment