Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Easy Lace Flowers

The card is 5" x 7" and opens in the middle to reveal the gorgeous That's Amore paper.
Today's Vintage Card challenge on 365 Cards is to have the dominant color Pink.  I knew immediately that I'd have to use some of my all time favorite B & T paper from CTMH.  It is retired and I've been hoarding it. This challenge was the excuse I needed to get it out of it's package and stroke use it.

Pink became the dominant color when the ribbon belly band and flower were added.


This lace is about an inch wide. According to the spool label, I bought 4 yards for $1.19.  It was a Long time ago.  I ran a piece of thread with a hand-sewing needle down the thick long side of it and gathered it to make a circle. A couple of quick stitches to close it and voila, a flower!

I ran a brad through the middle of the pink paper flower and glued a piece of paper to the back of all the layers. Paper, lace circle, paper flower, brad with a pearl adhesive gem stuck on top.  This was then glued to the belly band with a pop-up glue dot.

(The pink ribbon appears darker in the photo than in real life. It looks a little 'off' here. Sorry :-{ )



Ingredients:
Classic Poster from Dover
Lace
Ribbon SU!
All other items are CTMH:
Blush and Chocolate cardstock
That's Amore B & T
Colonial White Brad
Chocolate Ink (for distressing)
Edge Distresser
Pearl Opaque Adhesive Gems
Paper flower
Pretty Pins


No comments:

Post a Comment