Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Card Sketch Day 168 Vintage Plus Red

The scallop edges and paisley gives this a vintage vibe.  Maybe not a true vintage representation, more like 1970's vintage-y.

Yesterday, I stumbled across this really fun website that has daily sketch challenges.  365 Cards is an easy name to remember and lo and behold, I did remember! Today I went back to see whether or not they really did post a new sketch each day.  They did.  I don't know why I doubted it would happen.  Actually, it wasn't doubt, it was curiosity.

So here is my vintage (vintage-ish) card with the dominant color of red.  It was an extremely easy, mailable card to make.  And very red.

Recipe:

  • Real Red CS SU!
  • Grey Wool and Black CS CTMH
  • Black and Grey Flannel ink CTMH
  • Adorable stamp set CTMH - large paisley on base, border on Grey Wool strip and flower on small GW square
  • C1350 Stamp Set (Retired) CTMH "Thank You"
  • Fiskars Scallop with hole edge punch
  • SU! Scallop edge punch
  • Brad, foam tape, edge distresser, paper piercer CTMH
  • Prima Flowers


1 comment:

  1. Love the striking red. Love the layers on flowers :)

    ReplyDelete